Application Process for Admission to New Jersey Caregiver Academy
Step 1: Applicants must first complete the online home health aide application which can be accessed and submitted by clicking the 'Enroll' tab.
Step 2: Applicants are required to then pay a $100 non-refundable registration fee which can be accessed by clicking the 'Payment' tab. Registration fee must be received to secure desired session. Applications for each session will be received on a first come first-served basis.
Step 3: Once the application and $100 registration fee is received, a staff member will contact you to confirm acceptance into a session.
Step 4: Once accepted into a session, a staff member will provide information to the student to complete the on line CHHA application with the New Jersey Board of Nursing (NJBON). To complete the NJBON CHHA on-line application these documents will be required to be uploaded when completing the on-line application:
Marriage license if name is different than birth certificate or divorce decree
2 x 2 passport photo
Proof of US Citizenship, Legal Aileen or other immigration documents
Credit card or bank debit card to pay the NJBON application fee ($80.00 or $65.00 alternate years) as noted when completing the on-line application
Step 5: The New Jersey Board of Nursing on-line application MUST be completed prior to attending the orientation for a particular session.
Terms for refunds and postponement:
• The balance of the course fee ($299) must be paid in full one week prior to the start of the program in order for the student to be given their log in access to the online portion of the training
• We accept payment through cash, money order, and credit/debit card in person or through pay pal by clicking the 'Payment' tab
• A refund (minus $100 registration fee) will be given to students that request cancellation of the program at least one week prior to the start of the program. No refunds will be given within one week of the start of the program
• If a student needs to postpone their enrollment due to an emergency, no money will be refunded but the student will have the option to register for the first available opening in a subsequent session
• Once a student has begun taking the course, no refund will be granted
Protocols and Policies:
• All students must partake in a two hour orientation prior to start of course.
• Once all fees are paid, students will be given access to their online course and will be expected to complete the course within the structured timeframe.
• A New Jersey Caregiver Academy staff member will be in contact with students on a weekly basis to answer any questions about the program content.
• Students will also be given contact information for the Institute of Professional Care Education Inc. technology support in case of any technical issues that may arise while completing the online modules.
• Students must pass a one hour, online proctored exam based on the 60 hours of online education. The exam is administrated at New Jersey Caregiver Academy by appointment on specified dates.
• All students must meet the clinical skills requirements for each program.
During skills training sessions there will be an expectation for ALL students to:
1. Be punctual (please arrive 15 minutes before the
official start of the training) and plan to stay until
the end of skills training.
2. Wear scrubs (professional attire).
3. Bring a lunch with its own cooling system if
needed. Light healthy snacks will be provided.
4. Turn OFF all cell phones during skills training.
5. Please do not park in the spots noted for retail
stores, park in the back few lanes.
6. Students will be grouped in small teams to
provide a positive, fun and interactive learning
7. Be respectful and attentive to the instructors.
8. Arrive well rested and ready to learn!